Visiting places around the globe is a great way to experience different cultures and explore the world. Here are 12 must-see places that you should include in your travel itinerary:
1. Machu Picchu, Peru – This ancient Incan city is considered one of the most iconic sites in South America. It’s located high in the Andes Mountains and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Make sure to check out the ruins, and take advantage of some of their local cuisine while you’re there.
2. Great Wall of China, China – Spanning over 13,000 miles, this remarkable structure is a must-see for any traveler interested in Chinese history and culture. A number of different sections can be visited along the route, making it easy to pick a section that best fits your interests and activity level.
3. Taj Mahal, India – This mausoleum was built in 1632 by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a symbol of his love for his third wife Mumtaz Mahal. The building itself is an architectural masterpiece with its intricate carvings and precise symmetry. Whether you’re visiting during sunrise or sunset it will be an experience you won’t forget anytime soon!
4. Stonehenge, England – Dating back thousands of years, Stonehenge continues to captivate its visitors with its mysterious origins and intrigue surrounding its purpose. You can get up close to the stones and explore nearby burial mounds which tell stories about Neolithic life in Britain long ago!
5. Petra, Jordan – This archaeological city was created by the Nabataean civilization over 2000 years ago and was lost for centuries before being rediscovered by Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt in 1812! Its sandstone cliffs feature some remarkable rock-cut architecture including tombs, temples and royal palaces which are definitely worth seeing!
6. Great Barrier Reef, Australia – Stretching over 1 600 km from North Queensland to Papua New Guinea this coral reef system is home to thousands of species of fish and other marine life making it one of Australia’s top attractions for divers! With plenty of resorts located nearby it makes for a great place to stay while exploring this natural wonder!
7. Galapagos Islands – Situated off the coast of Ecuador these islands are known as one of earth’s greatest natural laboratories due to their unique combination of flora and fauna not found anywhere else on earth! Many exciting activities such as snorkeling can be enjoyed while taking time out from sightseeing around this wildlife reserve!
8. Angkor Wat Temple Complex – Built between 1113 – 1150 AD this temple complex was originally constructed as Hindu temple dedicated to God Vishnu but later became Buddhist shrine after conversion by King Jayavarman VII in late 12th century AD! Considered one Cambodia’s major tourist attractions people come here just for the chance to marvel at its stunning architecture!
9 .Iguazu Falls – Located on border between Argentina & Brazil these vast waterfalls offer some spectacular views with rainbows appearing across multiple cascades down into Iguazú River below! Adventure seekers can also try out some thrilling activities like rafting or zip lining through jungle canopy towards falls themselves making it once-in-a-lifetime experience!
10 .Serengeti National Park – Spreading across Tanzania & Kenya this national park is home to large variety animals including lions leopards cheetahs giraffes hippos crocodiles & many more importantly big 5 (elephant rhino buffalo leopard & lion) making safari here truly unforgettable adventure no matter what time year visitor comes during migration season wildebeests zebras gazelles move together huge numbers providing amazing sights seeing opportunities along way too !
11 .Easter Island – Located off coast Chile this remote island is home famous monolithic Moai statues carved by Rapa Nui civilization during period between 1250–1500AD remains mystery due why they were made continue baffle archaeologists today when visiting admire beauty secluded location surrounded pacific ocean don’t forget check out collection mysterious Moai statues scattered all around !
12 .Ayers Rock / Uluru – Rising 348 meters above ground Australia’s iconic Ayers Rock or Uluru as called Aboriginals holds spiritual significance aboriginal tribes according dreamtime story briefly told Uluru believed house creator spirits ancestors who created land so Indigenous Australians still visit worship certain times throughout year aside being popular religious site also offers amazing vistas encompassing desert lands distant horizons that shouldn’t miss when traveling Australia !